Monday, October 6, 2008

mountains and valleys

I know 2 posts in one day but bear with me....

So without the deep valleys how can you really appreciate the mountain top view? Boy I could go on about all my hardships, health issues, whatever. Life is not easy then God gives us free will on top of it! But I could also go on about all my blessings.....

Here is an example. I had some cancerous issues over 10 years ago ended up having a hysterectomy I thought it was horrible and questioned why God?? I felt destroyed... I was so thankful for my 2 beautiful children but knew I had more.
Well I never needed chemo and felt better I am happy to never know what God protected me from. Had that not happened I would never had pursued adoption to bring all my kids home and life not knowing all my children would not have the heartache and joy I now feel I would not trade it!! Not for anything... Just one example in my short humble life....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In struggling to locate the words for a reasonable reply to this I kept finding the word heartache right next to the word hope. That is what you seem to have always had Melissa, and I too for your family.

Mark me down as still praying.

~Roger

PS. Referring to your last post: Some of us Daddys understand our children are always our children too.