Friday, October 17, 2008

Thoughts...

So today I woke up feeling very grumpy. I have a headache and just feel irritated. This high does of predisone is getting to me :( Since this is where I am able to journal and share my thoughts with such sweet friends and the rest of you :) Stop reading now if easily offended. (grin)
Love is patient, love is kind, does not envy, boast keep record of wrongs.... We all know the verse right. This is the kind of love I try for but every once in a while catch myself too... From behind my safe little fence casting my opinion out on others.
You see as much as all this free will stuff ticks me off because life would be so much easier with out it. Boy would it be boring.
Last weekend while visiting some family a conversation emerged between an adult and one of our kids (without us around of coarse) about the adults disapproval of the type of school our chiildren attend. We have already had this conversation with this adult.
Well A we (the parents) choose what is best for our kids and B just because we don't do things as you would does not make them wrong :) A point a sweet sister in law recently pointed out too :) Couldn't agree more!!
We don't have to all hold the same opinion to love one another. I mean to really love each other and maybe not cast blame and judge situations we ourselves could never really understand. How can I disagree with how you handle something I have no grasp on the complexity of? Just a thought. I can't help but wonder how so many people can read my blog and all of them walk away thinking I meant something different. I believe so many of us walk away unchanged, walking away just like we walked in. We comprehend and evaluate everything with our own filter seeing and hearing what we want or are comfortable with. Maybe feeling a little puffed up but not really changed. We can walk our own path, God's path, or even a combination of them. But we can't walk anothers path. We can walk with them loving them, or we might as well just leave them alone. I tend to be pretty black and white. Honest with whomever I am talking to. I won't be talking about you or your choices behind your back. Not very good at being blunt, but this all has CHANGED me. And for that I am thankful I have alot to learn yet.

No comments: