Friday, August 31, 2007

Seriously!

So we went to run errands the other day. One of the kids had a doctors appointment so since we live 20 minutes from town we get all our other errands run on those days. So we had 4 hours and 10 stores to go to. These are the days that seem like you have run the Boston Marathon with out the endorphine high. So 6 kids (2 in car seats, 2 that argue if they even look at each other, and 2 that HATE shopping), 10 stores, and a tired Mom off we went. We did get it all done and even got home in time for J to eat and get ready for football practice. One of our last stops was The health food store. With 4 celiacs and 4 who have a hard time digesting wheat, we buy things by the case (I LOVE saving money) and they give you a discount. So I stopped and ran in to get my order. Yes, I left the 6 tired kids in the car for 5 minutes and they all survived :) While inside they were adding up my order, so I ran to the bathroom quick (hadn't gone since before the kids got up when a mom sees opportunity she runs, I even got to shut the door!!) When I came back it was all added up and I gave her my credit card, but the computer was down so I asked how much $39.43. Ok no big deal I paid cash took my goods and ran to the car, everyone still breathing....Whew! We continued home where I discovered I was charged $3.77 for 1 box of crackers not 1 case (24 boxes). OOPS! So I called the store the owner wasn't in until yesterday so I called back I told her what happened and I owed her some money. she almost started crying Thanking ME?! She said this is such a blessing from God! Hmmmm. Seems to me I just owed her money which we agreed I would pay when I pick up my next order. But this all got me thinking?? This is seriously a sad state we folks are in when we are surprised if someone does the right thing.... I love saving money not stealing or reaping from another's misfortune. I have been dubbed the deal lady, I like to find good deals and save my family money... Come on 6 kids this is a good thing.. But never at someone else's EXPENSE (sorry couldn't help it!) Lets all make a deal to return to integrity be honest with each other, give others what we owe then (this means the other cheek, not revenge), go directly to whom we want information about, but most of all love and encourage each other. The past 2 times I went to Wal mart there were some very impatient women in line (no not me this time) with NO CHILDREN (see really not me).. I know it seems surreal to me but they really were at the store with no kids. seriously! . Any ways they were so impatient and rude they both left the line yelling at the teenager working , whom was trying to help them (one lady's credit card was rejected hmmm). I stood there in shock praying Lord (if I ever do make it to the store by myself (hehe) ) never let me be like that. I even apologized and encouraged the young workers who had just been attacked for things out of their control. They both laughed and said don't worry that happens all the time..... AGGGG!

No comments: